Pasta with fresh sardines
Pasta con le Sarde (pasta with fresh sardines)
Pasta with sardines is a typical dish of Sicilian cuisine. A mix of flavors, aromas and colors that encompass all the Sicilian tradition
Pasta with fresh sardines has many variations, but the fennel leaves, the raisins and the pine nuts are inevitable.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 400g of Bucatini
- 600g fresh Sardines
- 2 bulbs fresh Fennel
- 40g Raisins
- 40g Pine Nuts
- 1 small Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 pinch Saffron
- Olive oil
- Fennel Seeds
- Wash the sardines and divide into two fillets.
- Soak the raisins for about ten minutes
- Heat 4 tbsp of Olive oil in a frying pan and sweat the onion until translucent, mash the anchovy fillets and let them melt with the fried.
- In the Meanwhile, dissolve the saffron in a little water, add it to the pan together with the sardines
- Add the Pine nuts and the raisins well drained, mix and continue the cooking
- Blanch the fennel in boiling, salted water for a couple of minute, refresh in cold water, drain (retaining the cooking water) and chop it finely. Add into the pot.
- Cook the Bucatini in a tall pot of salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, mix with the sauce and serve immediately.
- You can use the bleach water fennel to cook the pasta
- After serving, you can add some toasted breadcrumbs